Transportation Permit

LoadPass Permit System


Morton County is joining the LoadPass Permit System for submission, approval and payment for permits to move Overweight, Oversize loads on the County Highway System.

LoadPass Permit System will replace the former system of submitting requests directly to the Morton County Highway Department.

The LoadPass Permit system is a program that is governed by the Executive Board and Truck Permit Committee of the Western Dakota Energy Association (WDEA), formerly ND Association of Oil & Gas Producing Counties.  Trip Permits and Rig Move permits are available for purchase at  Rig Move Permits are required for movement of a drilling rig from one site to another.  Trip permits are only valid on non-divisible loads. 

Permit requests requiring approval will be emailed to the county officials in which travel is taking place and pending permit requests must be acted upon at the county’s earliest convenience.